Wednesday 10 March 2010

Series One, Episode Two: 46 Long

OK, first off - what the fudge is it with that title? What does that mean? AAAARRRGGGHHH!

Ahem.

Aaaaanyway...

The main point here is how technolgy dates things so quickly. The main point here is an attempted heist on trucks carrying DVD players. Of course, back in 1999, DVDs were fresh, exciting and cutting edge. Now, they're just run-of-the-mill sort of things.

There's also a mention, in passing, of Dolly the Sheep. I've SEEN Dolly the Sheep. She's at the National Museum of Scotland, in Edinburgh, fact fans!

We also learn that Tony's colleagues like Gangster Movies, which is quite a nice touch. "Just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in!" says one character as they watch a TV discussion on the decline of the mob.

Tony does a pretty good thing, though. He learns one of his kids teachers had his car stolen, so he gets some of his men to hunt it down. In the meantime we hear the fellas' annoyance at how the coffee boom hadn't been cornered by Italian Americans, and they get the car back (well, one like it), in their *ahem ahem* own special way.

The barman in Tony's strip bar has no idea how to operate the phone - and gets a beating for his pains.

Tony's mum, Livia, is a royal pain in the arse.

What have I learned?

Well, I'm liking what I've seen so far. Livia is really annoying (which I guess is the point) and I have a bad feeling about Christopher's friend, Brendan.

Until next time

Pete

No comments:

Post a Comment